Mike Bridges – Understanding the Hackamore Vaquero Style Parts I & II DVD
1 in stock
Mike Bridges has 56 years of experience preparing bridle horses in the California Vaquero style. Mike Bridges will demonstrate three different horses in the hackamore that clearly shows their development; a horse that is just being introduced to the hackamore, a second horse that has been in the hackamore for only a short time, and a third much more experienced horse.
Learn about the equipment and why Bosals and Horsehair Ropes are made in different ways. Learn how the Bosal physically works on the horse. How to start the horse in the hackamore with correct use of your hands and what to look for in the first rides.
- the historical perspective and background on the development of the hackamore
- the equipment and why bosals and the hair ropes are made in different ways
- how the bosal physically works on the horse
- tying the rein ropes and fitting the bosal to the horse
- how to start the horse in the hackamore with correct use of hands and what to look for in the first rides
- some starting exercises for the hackamore including circles and backing manoeuvres.
Mike's presentation of the information is easy to understand and will help you be successful in developing the hackamore horse.
Mike has 46 years of experience using the hackamore in the California Vaquero style.
Set of 2 DVD’s.